Candy Crush Soda Saga is filled with tons of pesky blockers that will give you nightmares. From licorice to honey, these obstacles are going to do everything in their power to stop you from reaching your level goals. But fear not, friend. Below you will find out everything you need to know with our complete Candy Crush Soda blockers guide and tips!
Candy Crush Soda Blockers
- Much like they did in Candy Crush Saga, these blockers will lock up one of your candies until you free it. In order to free the candy, you must create a match with whatever candy is trapped inside.
- Tip: Aside from matches, you can also unlock the licorice cage by using your special candies. A great one to use here is the wrapped candy due to its explosive potential.
Cupcakes and Layered Cupcakes
- The cupcakes act much like the frosting or meringue from the first game in the Candy Crush series. They will act as a blocker until you can clear them out with the proper amount of adjacent moves. However, you’ll need to keep in mind that they come in different layers and will thus take more matches.
- Tip: Striped candies care great for damaging the cupcakes. Take advantage of them by taking out entire rows or columns of the cupcakes. Combos like a wrapped + a striped candy will also do wonders against pesky cupcakes.
- Chocolate make their dreaded return in Candy Crush Soda Saga. These blockers serve the same purpose as before in that they will make your life miserable by spreading all across the board. To clear them out, you’ll need to create a match alongside one. However, you should note that if you do not clear out at least one piece in a move, another will spawn on the board.
- Tip: You can easily dispose of large chunks of chocolate by using special candies such as wrapped and striped candies. But don’t stop there! Combine those suckers together to make it rain chocolate from the skies.
- These jerk blockers are just like regular chocolate blockers except that it will take two adjacent moves to eat them off of the board. Remember, a new piece will spring up if another is not taken out of the game.
- Tip: Chocolate is chocolate is chocolate, make quick work of them by peeling a layer off of them with special candies and combos.
- Honey acts much like marmalade did in Candy Crush Saga. Aside from candy, inside of the honey is a bear that needs to be set free. To do so, create a match against the honey. Remember, honey can have up to 5 layers so make sure you bring the heat when it comes to higher matches.
- Tip: Striped candies should do the trick in damaging or obliterating rows or columns of the blockers. However, you can also help set your bears free by activating a fish as they will swim across the board to eat the honey.
- Licorice swirls are back and more of a pain than ever. Licorice swirls are blockers that can be moved and swapped like any candy. However, they can not be cleared with a match three of licorice. In fact, they can’t even be cleared with most special candies as they will just swallow up the effects. That means it will be even more difficult to utilize specials around them. Heck they can’t even be cleared with an adjacent match.
- Tip: Some specials you can use though are combos. Look to unleash a wrapped + wrapped combo or a color bomb + color bomb combo.
- These bad boys spit out soda bottles for you to use in matches. Most of the time, they will be your only option in finding soda bottles. Therefore, you’ll need to always find a way to open them up. .
- Tip: In order to open the soda cannons up, you will need to constantly look for ways to create matches with the candy underneath the cannon. Once the candy in front of the cannon is gone, a soda bottle will pop out.
- Bubblegum spread their sticky goodness all across their level by trapping one of your candies. In order to free that candy you will need to make a match with whatever lies inside. Much like chocolate, they spread whenever you make a move that does not touch them. But to make things worse, they can also develop an extra chewy layer of gum around your candy.
- Tip: If bubblegum wants to act like chocolate, treat them like chocolate. Use striped candies or wrapped candies to swiftly chew them from the board. The last thing you want it a wall swarm of these taking over your board.
- The licorice cannons are pure evil. The dastardly blockers will spit out licorice swirls at random, making your objective that much harder on you.
- Tip: Not much you can really do to stop the cannons, as no special candy can take them out. The best thing to do sometimes is to find a way to swap a licorice swirl in front of it to clog it up.