In Candy Crush Saga, you can combine two special candies to make special candy combinations.These are the most powerful matches in the game. You can combine any two special candies together to create a greater effect, whether it be a striped candy, wrapped candy, or color bomb/sprinkled chocolate. This is everything you need to know about the six different Candy Crush special candy combos including how to make them and when to use them.
Striped + Striped Special Candy Combo
The striped + striped special candy combo is the easiest one to find. When you match a striped special candy with a striped special candy both candies will activate. One candy will clear a vertical column and the other will clear a horizontal row. If both candies have stripes facing the same direction, one will be randomly switched.
This special candy combo will clear all candies and chocolate but not licorice!
When to use the striped + striped combo:
- When the stripes on a regular striped candy are facing in the wrong direction.
- When you don’t have any other candies to match with your striped candy.
- When you need to clear out rows or columns of jelly and chocolate.
- To clear the way for ingredients to get to the bottom.
Striped + Wrapped Special Candy Combo
When you match a striped candy with a wrapped candy, it will clear three rows and three columns, forming a plus sign effect similar to the striped + striped combo, only 3x bigger. You can clear a significant amount of the board with this move.
When to use the striped + wrapped combo:
- Whenever you want amplified effects of the striped + striped combo.
- To clear chocolate and jelly.
- To clear the way for ingredients to reach the bottom.
- When you need to clear a large portion of the board including far targets.
Striped + Color Bomb Special Candy Combo
When you match a striped candy with a color bomb all of the candies on the board of the same color as the striped candy will also become striped and activate in random directions. You can clear the whole board with this move if you have enough of that colored striped candy on your board.
Since you can’t move a color bomb without activating it, it can be difficult to find.
When to use the striped + color bomb combo:
- When you have a lot of candies the same color as the striped candy being matched with the color bomb.
Wrapped + Wrapped Candy Special Candy Combo
The wrapped +wrapped candy combo doesn’t create a big effect. When you match a wrapped candy with a wrapped candy, all candies are cleared two boxes around the two wrapped candies (a total of 16 surrounding squares). The wrapped candies will then fall down and activate as normal candies.
When to use the wrapped + wrapped combo:
- In target score levels because this combo creates a lot of points.
- When you want to clear candies, chocolate, licorice, jellies in close proximity.
Wrapped Candy + Color Bomb Special Candy Combo
The wrapped + color bomb combo is the least effective of all the special candy combos. When you match a wrapped candy with a color bomb all the jellies that are the same color as the wrapped candy will be cleared. Another random colored jelly will be cleared as well.
When to use the wrapped + color bomb combo:
- When you need to clear candy that is the same color of the wrapped candy, or just clear a significant amount of any colored candy.
Color Bomb + Color Bomb Special Candy Combo
The color bomb + color bomb is the best and most powerful special candy combo in Candy Crush Saga. When you match a color bomb and a color bomb your entire board will be cleared. This is by far the best combo you can find, although finding it is not easy!
When to use the color bomb + color bomb combo:
- Whenever you have the opportunity except when a board is split in two, the combination will only work on one board.